Welcome to Warwick River Christian School’s Chorus
Psalm 104:33 “I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.”
Goals of the Choruses:
The Warwick River Christian School choruses are made up of students whose appreciation for music motivates them to give up time after school in order to sing. To make this a rewarding experience for them we have established these goals:
To sing to the glory of God and to present ourselves a living sacrifice.
To bring honor to our school.
For the individual singer:
1. To liberate the voice.
2. To strengthen the voice.
3. To beautify the voice.
4. To sing quality choral literature.
5. To perform successfully.
6. To build a lifelong love of singing.
For each ensemble:
1. To demonstrate the musical elements that go into interpretation of a work: melodic line, harmony, rhythm, dynamics, articulation and phrasing.
2. To demonstrate teamwork, cooperation and discipline.
3. To present pleasing programs for the audience
Download the 2016-17 Children’s Chorus and Middle School Chorus handbooks here: