The WRCS Middle School interscholastic athletic program offers opportunities for developing excellence in athletic teamwork, knowledge, skill, leadership, sportsmanship, and school spirit in the context of extra-curricular sports competition with similar area Christian schools.
- To offer voluntary extra-curricular athletic activities for interested students in addition to required physical education classes.
- To encourage healthy alternatives for out-of-school leisure time activity.
- To promote and develop excellence in athletic teamwork, knowledge, skill, sportsmanship, and school spirit.
- To develop leadership and public performance skills, shaped by Christian values.
- To provide a bridge from recreation league participation to interscholastic competition, preparing players for more selective high school athletic programs.
- To attract and retain students who might otherwise enroll in another available middle school which has an interscholastic athletic program.
- To offer positions on WRCS team rosters to those who earn and maintain the privilege of team membership.
- To lend positive visibility to Warwick River Christian School.
Soccer Season goes from March to May. There are 9 playing positions on the team with room for about 12 players to be in uniform for an official game.
Basketball Season goes from December to March. There are 5 playing positions on the team with room for 10-12 players to be in uniform for an official game.
Volleyball Season goes from September to Oct/Nov. There are 6 playing positions on the team with room for 10-12 players to be in uniform or an official match.
To find out more information, read our Athletics Policy.