Welcome to the ongoing accreditation process at Warwick River Christian School!
What is Accreditation?
- Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance that takes place through internal and external review. Through accreditation, the school community is engaged in meeting high quality standards and implementing a continuous plan for improvement
- A school’s commitment to accreditation assures parents and the community that the school is focused on raising student achievement, providing a safe and enriching environment and maintaining an efficient and effective operation. An accredited school adheres to high quality standards based on the latest research and successful professional practices
- One of our accrediting agencies is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI,) a non-governmental, nonprofit organization founded in 1895. It is part of a larger organization called AdvandED (link to www.advanc-ed.org), which is dedicated to advancing excellence in education worldwide. We are also accredited under the Mennonite Education Agency (MEA.)(link to mennoniteeducation.org) It was formed from the denominational predecessors during the 2001 merger of the General Conference Mennonite Church and the Mennonite Church
- On January 20, 2014, MEA entered into partnership with AdvancED to provide joint accreditation for elementary and secondary schools belonging to Mennonite Schools Council (MSC,) as reported by Krista Allen.
Accreditation at WRCS
- Beginning in February 2004,Committees consisting of employees, parents, community, and church members have assessed every aspect of WRCS in order to prepare documentation to present to a visiting peer review team
- We examined the various aspects of the school and determined the current objectives for this accreditation cycle
- WRCS received a recommendation for accreditation in April 2005
- We were formally accredited at the annual SACS CASI Winter Conference in Williamsburg in February, 2006 and at the Mennonite Education Agency’s Education Leaders Gathering in Pittsburgh in February, 2007
- In 2010, we were reaccredited with AdvancED at the SACS CASI Conference in Williamsburg and in 2011 at the MEA’s Education Leaders Gathering in Leesburg
- On January 2014, MEA entered into partnership with AdvancED to provide joint accreditation for elementary schools who are also members of the Mennonite Schools Council (MSC.)
- A new quality assurance team visited WRCS April 2015 and highly recommended us for re-accreditation. We far exceeded the international average in the Teaching & Learning area.
- Our certificate for accreditation is valid through June 2020.
Objectives and Strategies (link to separate with O&S document)
Contact us online form, goes to designated inbox
Include school contact information
Warwick River Christian School 252 Lucas Creek Road Newport News VA 23602
School Phone: (757) 877-2941 Fax: (757) 877-6510
Child Care Phone: (757) 877-0130